B17685 Maximum Security WC Pan & Wash Hand Basin Combination Unit
The B17685 Maximum Security WC Pan & Wash Hand Basin Combination Unit is a toilet and wash hand basin combination unit designed for prisons, detention facilities and other applications where maximum security is a must. Designed to be ligature resistant, the unit protects inmates from inflicting self-harm, ultimately minimizing liability in correctional facilities and prisons. The unit features a shrouded prison toilet combined with an integral wash hand basin. The combination of the toilet and the wash hand basin saves space and installation requirements present if individual units are installed. A one-piece construction ensures the unit offers vandal resistance but also ease of cleaning. Manufactured from Grade 304 Stainless Steel, the unit is hygienic and easy to keep in a sanitary condition.
The wash hand basin, mounted in the pedestal, features a 40mm waste outlet. The pedestal is hemispherical preventing use as a ligature device. The WC pan is shrouded thereby concealing the P-Trap further preventing vandalism and use of the unit for self-harm. The WC pan can be positioned to the left, right or centre of the wash hand basin. The WC pan includes an integral flushing rim designed to prevent contraband storage. The maximum security toilet combination includes a 150mm high splashback to the rear. Security tapware can be optionally included and mounted to the splashback. The prison WC pan is flushed via a concealed flush valve installed in the duct behind the unit and is operated by a push button mounted into the splashback. Also mounted into the splashback is a vandal resistant spout operated by a push button metered valve. The vandal resistant spout offers a bottom flow of water for hand washing and a fountain top flow for drinking. An optional integral toilet paper holder can be included. The concealed toilet paper holder is recessed into the pedestal preventing use as a ligature point.
The B17685 Maximum Security WC Pan & Wash Hand Basin Combination Unit can be mounted to the wall from behind via threaded rods inserted through the wall from behind. These rods can be screwed into mounting points on internal flanges on the WC pan and wash hand basin combination unit. Alternatively, the unit can be supplied with a security wall sleeve. The wall sleeve is built into the wall behind the unit and the unit is them mounted to the wall sleeve from behind with threaded rods. The security wall sleeve is fitted with integral anti-escape bars and is manufactured from galvanised mild steel. The security wall sleeve ensures an increased level of security.
In all aspects of the design of the B17685 Maximum Security WC Pan & Wash Hand Basin Combination Unit, the security and well being of prisoners has been carefully considered. This considered design not only prevents inmates from inflicting self-harm but reduces the potential of correctional facility liability. With a number of configurations, the unit is versatile enough to suit all high-security toilet and washing requirements. If you do not require a maximum security combination unit, we have a moderate security combination unit. Alternatively, if a combination unit is not suitable for application in your high-security area, we have a wide-range of other prison sanitaryware.
- Prison toilet and wash hand basin combination unit
- One-piece construction ensuring maximum durability, security and vandal resistance
- Hygienic Grade 304 Stainless Steel
- Space saving design
- Hemispherical pedestal reduced the risk of the fixture being used as a ligature device
- WC Pan is shrouded thereby enclosing the P-Trap
- Integral flushing rim designed to prevent contraband storage
- WC Pan can be orientated left, right or centre of the wash hand basin depending on the configuration required
- Includes an integral 150mm high splashback fitted with security tapware that can be optionally supplied with the combination toilet
- Tapware includes a concealed flush valve and a vandal resistant spout operated by a push button metered valve
- Designed to offer water efficient flushing
- The unit can be manufactured to include a concealed toilet paper holder if specified
- Anti-ligature design ensures at-risk individuals, inmates and prisoners are safeguarded
- Suitable for use in maximum security applications such as prisons, holding cells and detention facilities
- Internal flanges allow mounting with threaded rods inserted through the wall from behind
- The unit can be optionally supplied with a security wall sleeve which is built into the wall behind the unit offering additional security